Communications and Program Coordinator, Liberty & Law Center
The Liberty & Law Center at Scalia Law School at George Mason University is seeking a Program and Communications Coordinator. Reporting to the Liberty & Law Center’s Director, the Program and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for the successful execution of Liberty & Law Center events and external communications. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Program and Event Development. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
• Assisting with the development of event and program concepts;
• Planning the execution and details of programs and events; and
• Coordinating with collaborators, speakers, and other potential stakeholders.
Event and Program Management. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
• Coordinating with vendors to ensure event success;
• Promoting events to potential attendees; and
• Ensuring all aspects of the events are executed in a timely manner;
• Managing problems as they occur; and
• Providing a positive experience for attendees.
Planning and executing the Liberty & Law Center’s communications plan. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
• Promoting the Liberty Center’s programs, events, and research through a variety of online platforms;
• Generating content for social media, web, email, and other communications; and
• Planning timelines for the foregoing and executing on that timeline;
• Designing flyers, presentations, and collateral, including donor communications.
Developing and designing marketing materials for Liberty & Law. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
• Writing invitations and website descriptions for events
• Supporting all day-to-day aspects of running an academic center
• Other duties as assigned.
For more information on the job requirements and how to apply, please see this link.